Wednesday 12 November 2014

RAU Cirencester

I've had this photo (taken by the talented Julie) printed for almost 2 months now but kept putting it down, not sure what to do with it. I liked the technique Jennifer used in her frosty festivities of misting, stencilling & stamping so thought I'd try that as I had a brick stencil. First I misted in yellow, then blocked off some of the mask so there would be space to journal & misted this in brown. Finally I added a "You are here" stamp in brown. I wanted it to be seen but not to stand out to much.

I mounted it onto blue, a splash of colour against the brown, and then mounted again on a sheet of brick wall patterned paper. I also added a blue title. There was something missing, the page was too plain, I needed something to join all the mounts together and soften the line below the photo.
Brown ruffled lace seemed the perfect addition. soft and somewhat opaque.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the brown ruffed lace on here, it adds to the vintage feel. The stencilled bricks look fab too and I like how you left space for journaling! Thank you so much for joining in the Frosty Festivities challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...