Friday 24 May 2013

Scrapbooking: Christmas, playing with new styles

There were a few events over Christmas that I didnt have photos for, or even all that much journalling but I still wanted to record them, so I tried a couple of new styles....
My first try at using divided sleeves, I can see the appeal of them but I'd quite happily do this on a sheet of 12x12 & slip it into a normal sleeve, & that way could have a 12x12 page on the other side rather than having to think of how to show the next event in the smaller rectangles.
I really like this page, 3 days of events on journalling cards, some washi tape & stickers to decorate. Cardboard bells attached to bakers twine gave it more layers.

Finally I had 2 photos that needed very little writing, & paper that I loved that needed little done to it.

 I mounted the photos onto the same kind of green that was used on the paper & then carefully cut out any of the design that they'd cover up. I highlighted certain details with glossy accents such as the frame for the journalling, the holly & the stockings.
Journalling added & that was all that was needed, the title was already there, as was all the decoration that was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...