Saturday 25 August 2012

Scrapbooking: Karate

I made this page for Julies Alphabet Challenge, letter K.

The background paper is by K and Co, I knew I wanted red on the layout, its just soooooo stereotypically oriental in colour. I then raided my collection of scrapbooking papers for dragons, finding a nice large off cut with them printed on with a bit of shiny blue & green glitter. I also found a couple of sheets in light brown I’d been given with more dragons on so added them to my pile of goodies.  A few coordinated off cuts & I was ready to make a page. The title is simply printed onto white cardstock with glossy accents over it, then, once dry, cut around leaving a white border.

When I asked Zack to help out with the journaling, as he was the one to attend the lessons, I got the usual teenage shrug & “I dunno, cant remember”, so I wrote down what I could and hope in later years it prompts a few memories for him at least … that is my main reason for scrapbooking, to help my lads remember the good times & answer questions they might not have thought of at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...