Wednesday 29 August 2012

A week of Cards: Mica Powders

Though I've tried working with versaink & mica powders before I hadnt tried it on black card before. The results are stunning.
A verse stamped with versaink & covered with turquoise & bronze mica powders. I backed it with a pale turquoise paper that had a bronze sheen. Behind this I put a sheet I'd embossed & sprayed with mica mist. finally everything was put on a turquoise card.


I used bronze & turquoise colour scheme on this card as well, but this time I stamped butterflies onto a separate sheet of card, cut them out and stuck just the bodies down so that the wings fold up. I also added glossy accents to make the body & antennae 3d.

I embossed the card, just over half way & then mounted the image on a few layers before sticking onto the card.

1 comment:

  1. I love the effect of Mica powder! The shimmer looks stunning!

    I've got 'Pearly Accents' powder which I love but it goes everywhere when you just take the top off (grrr!)

    Great cards K. x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...