Thursday 30 August 2012

A week of Cards: Embossing & Mica Powders

This is one of my favourite cards that I made. I started off by embossing a birdcage onto a white piece of card and then embossing it with copper coloured embossing powders. I then stamped it again onto paper & cut it out to create a mask. I applied the mask over the embossed image, holding it with my fingers wile I stamped around and over it. I used versaink to stamp and then used a range of copper colours to dust over before removing the mask.

With a verse added, "The future comes one day at a time", I mounted onto a coordinating piece of car & then onto white card.

I love the way this card has turned out & want to get myself some steampunk stamps now :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...