Monday 2 July 2012

Scrapbooking: Wet Play aka Paper Piecing Crazy!

I loved making this page and I love how its turned out.
The background is off cuts of paper, the rainbow is as well but these ones had to be cut into shape unlike the ones for the background.
I drew the clouds onto white bazzil (its probably got some fancy name for that shade of white bazzil, but to me its WHITE). and cut out leaving a small border. Some of these are stuck flat onto the background, some are raised on foam pads. I made sure one was large enough for my journalling  & still in proportion with the rainbow.

Part of boots were first drawn onto the blue dotty paper, cut out, stuck onto white card, & then the rest drawn in before cutting out. One is raised above the other with foam pads to give a natural shadow.
Similar as the boots, I started with the blue part of the umbrella but this time I drew just the stick onto the card before adding the blue part above it on foam pads and cutting around the whole thing.

The finishing touch was the sticking the title to the rainbow once everything was positioned & stuck down.

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Great paper piecing....I can't get the hang of it but love the look!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is rather a masterpiece. I love the layers and layers. It's fab how you layered the background from all the blue papers, as well as making the layered rainbow. I do like this!

    J's nursery had the same idea about weather as your son's school. They kept a stock of wellies, raincoats, hats & scarves, sunhats etc, so the children could play in the garden, whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page K, such a lot of interesting patterns to look at, brill! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's gorgeous paper piecing - utterly gorgeous and the rainbow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...