Tuesday 17 January 2012

Home made Baileys

One of the gifts we gave at Christmas was Home made Baileys
400g (1 tin) sweetened condensed milk
375ml (1 tin) carnation creamy evaporated milk
2tsp Vanilla extract
2tsp glycerine (optional but gives it a smoother feel)
1tbsp coffee granules mixed with 1tbsp off-the-boil hot water
Whisky (quantity to taste)

Mix everything together except the alcohol, add this a bit at a time, tasting as you go.
I added Tia Maria instead of Whisky as I prefer the taste.

As soon as I find the link I'll let you know which blog I got the design for the stickers from as they truely are beautiful and came in very handy over Christmas.

Mmmmmmm, homemade baileys really is delicious, though its not particularly good for your waistline :-)

4 comments:

  1. Funny... I could've sworn I read a post from you, with Home-made Baileys, days and days ago...
    It must have been someone else's blog. In which case, I need to remember, because she had the link to those labels that you used (honestly, she did use the same labels - talk about Great Minds Think Alike!).

    The recipe sounds rather yum, Kirsty! I can't have Baileys now, as both the dairy content and the alcohol make me ill. I love the stuff though... D. had some Baileys truffles for Christmas, so I risked having one of those. Yuuummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I lied... well, not intentionally...
    This was where I found it, but the tags were totally different (and not as nice). http://www.niftythriftythings.com/2012/01/homemade-baileys.html

    I hope no-one minds me saying it, but K's recipe sounds a lot simpler and really just as nice... And it looked so lovely in the glass bottle, with the gorgeous tag on the front. I vote for K's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, yummy!!!
    Thanks for sharing this..I'd use Tia Maria instead of whisky too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh thanks for sharing!!! Sounds Fab!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...