Saturday 26 February 2011

Skinny Chocolate & Cranberry Muffins

The kids were asking for a pudding & I was after something sweet as well so, having found this recipe for Skinny Chocolate & Cranberry Muffins earlier I set them too work.

Zack weighed out the dry ingredients before Kai sieved them. While Kai was doing this Zack would then measure out the wet ingredients into another bowl. They swapped bowls again so Kai could stir the wet ingredients while Zack melted the chocolate. Zack gave the wet ingredients a final stir before slowly pouring them into the dry ingredients as Kai stirred. I finished off my putting them into the muffin cases and baking them.

This team work cooking worked very well with no arguements!! Very rare for my 2, theres normally at least the odd bit of moaning from them as Kai doesnt want to share as he's enjoying a particular job (well he is only 3) or Zack retaliates by winding him up (as most older siblings do).

The muffins can out looking & tasting divine - They are also fairly healthy, both by being low in fat & getting fruit into the kiddies :)

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm I could just eat one now! I see both the boys have skulls on their outfits I wonder who they take after!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think they get much of a choice Furry? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm. They do look nommy.

    Looking forward to the meringue recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I'm always in the mood for a "skinny" treat. With a chocolate muffin like yours, I don't think I'd even know the difference. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, way to go you guys..... great job!

    What fun to have two little kitchen helpers.. (some days more than others...but, it still must be fun to see)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful you have helpers in the kitchen! :)

    I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...