Thursday 10 February 2011

1st day at school

Over at the Creative Craft World blog theres a scrap challenge to show love & the following sketch.

Well I love my lads to bits & I think my scrapbooks show this so I had to do a page which featured them.

I have to admit that after the summer hols I also loved it when my 2 lovely lads when to school. Kai started Pre-school & Zack started secondary school. It was nice to have that short break to regain my sanity & they both needed that extra social interaction.

To make the page my own I tend to look at a sketch, figure out what I want to do & then wont look at the sketch again until the end, I find this helps retain the inspiration of the sketch while making the work my own.

I wanted the pages to be the same but to also resemble the difference in the types of schools, ages & personalities. On Kai's it has trains (one of his favourite toys), abc's, simple lettering and crayons, on Zacks theres more complex shaped letters, maths equipment (his strongest subject) and equations. The background paper is core coordinations which I used to create a blackboard look.  I put the date on the small blue books and after taking the photos wrote on the schools names up the side of the photos (for the safety of my children I did the photo before this, as well as smudging any clue to the schools they attend)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous K.

    I cant believe how grown up Zack looks in his 'big' school uniform. Kai has turned into a proper little boy now ! Not the tot i met :O)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

    Noonie ( Choccy ;O) ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab way to interpret the sketch. Thanks so much for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Siue x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...