Sunday 5 September 2010

Creative Craft World Celebration Challenge

Over at Creative Craft World, Sarah A has set the challenge to use a recipe of..
1 x image (stamped, digi or photograph)
3 x flowers/embellishments
1 x ribbon
2 x different papers
...in the form of a celebration.

Heres my take of it that I would like to enter.

Its a page showing how we celebrated Yule last year

I started off with a sheet of patterned black paper onto which I stuck the word "Yule" onto and splattered red, white & green on, trying to mimic the pattern of fireworks going off. I then removed "yule" leaving the masked area unsplattered - I didnt like it, it didnt stand out enough so I coloured in the letters with silver and stuck them back having moved them across slightly so it looked like they had a bit of a shadow.

I mounted the photos onto red card, and printed off the journalling onto green paper (its slightly more green than the photo shows) I rounded the corners & then layered everything onto the page.

I found 3 christmassy disc embellishments that were very pagan and fitted in perfectly with the theme. I also made 2 little red bows out of ribbon, added a bead and added them onto the title making it a lot more festive.

Sarah A asked for the challenge to explain why its a special celebration. I love Yule, I love the festive atmosphere, I love that yule is the longest night, a welcoming of the "rebirth" of the sun ... a way of looking forward to longer hours of sunshine, getting ready for new greenery, plating of crops etc. I love all the little things that we use to celebrate Yule, things that most people also have to celebrate Christmas, such as decorating a fir tree, a yule log, having Holly, mistletoe and ivy to decorate the house. Its a time of family, especially as its meant to be a time when the divide between the 2 worlds, that of the living & deceased is at its thinnest.

3 comments:

  1. I love to read the details of how you put together your projects. Thanks for taking up Sarah's challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow K another fantastic LO.Off to click and see if i can see all your details in their glory !

    Thankyou for sharing with is at Creative Craft World and taking up Sarahs' challenge. Good Luck !

    Choccy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi K

    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful layout with us for my challenge!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...