Thursday 19 August 2010

Wonderland

I have been forcing myself to Scrap lately to try and get my mojo back, I think my mojo is linked to my moods & my moods are linked to the weather. Lately the weathers been a tiny bit better so I have been feeling a tad more crafty. I've been looking around for ideas & prompts as I go along when I came across the latest EtsyInspired Challenge. It was to make something inspired by the etsy shop Lovers Dovers .. well those gorgeous costumes just yelled at me to make a Wonderland experience, especially as I'd got photos from trips to Wonderland (a local theme park). It truely was a labour of love and got me all excited.

The cards are from a mini pack of my sons that I guessed would have cards missing so I offered to buy him a new set next time we were shopping if I could have his incomplete set.
The cheshire cat is combining 3d decoupage with paper piecing.
The caterpillar is made up of circular pieces of card. I added a bit of glossy accents to his antennae and monicle to make them stand out a little more.
I painted white thickers red except for the last letter to represent the cards painting the roses in Alice in Wonderland. I destressed them a little as it is a rather old book now, lol (plus I was enjoying playing)
Unfortunately I did the page without thinking of how the photos were going to be placed and it took me AGES to figure how to put them but along with the journalling I think they worked in the end.

I would like to enter this into the Etsy Inspired Challenge,
And the Studio Challenge as I've used 10 different types of paper (11 if you count the cards)

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and what a clever idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza ... that cat is fabulous ... and I love all of the other wonderful details you incorporated from the story ... fantastic inspired design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad taht the challenge had inspired you! Truly fantastic page! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! How ca-ute! I love that cheshire cat and the way you journaled! Amazing!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO. Love how you've used those playing cards : )

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...