Tuesday 31 August 2010

Scrapping with I Did It Creations: Challenge 6

This fortnights challenge is "Books" over at Scrapping with I did it Creations. Just make a scrapbook layout - any size, any style, but it must involve books.

I made a page about Zack dressing up as Charlie bone for World Book Day. I tried to make it look like a book in the same style as the Charlie Bone front pages are done.

Have you seen those cute little mice & books in the bottom right corner? They balance the page up nicely and give it its "triangle" for the eye to follow round the page. They were part of our DT challenge and are one of the Stitchy Bear images, who is also sponsoring this challenge, kindly donating a $5 voucher to spend on their products. I coloured them in, as usual, with promarkers.
I added foam pads to the back of the books to make them stand out, on the page.
I took a tag from my stash pile and inked it up with purple and gold ink to make it match the page better and added a tassle so it was a bit more bookmark like. I the wrote my journalling on it.

So hows about joining us over at Scrapping with I Did It Creations, & if your stuck visit the other members of the design team for inspiration (follow the links in my side bar)

4 comments:

  1. Love it - it also has a nod to Harry Potter almost doesn't it? Or will I get told off for saying that? :P Love the mice and books image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LO .. That book looks like it's jumping right off the page!! Great work..

    Hugs
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh its gorgeous K.

    I do love that pic of Zack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh its gorgeous K.

    I do love that pic of Zack

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...