Monday 5 July 2010

Some scrapping news...

Some of you may have noticed in my side bar that I am now part of the "Scrapping with I Did It Creations", yay!!

If you pop on over theres a new challenge for this fortnight, you have to make a layout using the following sketch...

You could win £5 to spend at Dezinaworld

Heres my translation of the sketch...


I mounted a picture of Kai shaking a dandelion clock onto a sheet I'd printed out of orientalbeauty1 from I did it creations Oriental Beauty Papers, this reflected the red in the picture and gave the impression of heat (it was a gorgeous sunny day).
This was then mounted onto a sheet of white speckled card which I tore at the edges. I also used this card to do a tag which I inked at the edges & wrote my journalling on. I made a hole in it and threaded through some fluffy thread I'd folded into 3 & tied in the middle. I though it looked a bit like a dandelion clock.
I added a chipboard clock and the lettering. I finished off by mounting it onto a sheet of 8x8 I'd printed of orientalbeautypaper4 from I did it creations Oriental Beauty Papers, I find it looked best when printed on good quality card with a slight gloss to it after setting the printer settings to "best photo".

As it happens you can get these digital papers, and anything else at I did it creations with 30% off until the 15th July.

I do hope you will come over to Scrapping with I Did It Creations and join us in this challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations K, very well deserved :-)

    Beautiful layout, love the colours you've used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Hun, well deserved! love your page layout and as you know from my tweet I think I shall have a go, need a kick up the bum to do some more pages! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I K. This LO really sweet. I remember blowing on dandelions when I was little. Now, I just yank them roots and all out of the ground. Love this page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of Kai shaking the dandelion. As always a fab page hunny.
    A big congratulations on gaining a place on the DT,Very well deserved

    Choccy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute photo and a fab layout the letters are so sweet are they chipboard?

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...