All floaty, and very feminate ...
Wednesday, 30 June 2010
Monday, 28 June 2010
8oz plain flour
1oz cocoa powder
Place flour, sugar, cocoa powder and marg into a mixing bowl, the rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Add egg and mix
Press into a lightly greased tin
Cook at Gas mark 5, 375F, 190C, until just firm to touch. (this makes it slightly chewy, if you want it crunchier leave it a bit longer)
Cool, cut and serve
Stores for upto 5 days in a sealed container
Sunday, 27 June 2010
I took my old fakeleather coat and cut a rectangle out of it which I hemmed with a piece of fleece on the inside.
At the top I fastened 2 elastic hoops and buttons. I then attached 3 buttons on each side from the bottom, about 2.5inches apart. and then 3 button holes after these on each side so when done up it creates a pocket
The elastic at the top can be looped around the tubing of the pushchair and done up on the buttons. The feet the slip inside the pocket at the bottom. The 3 buttons at the base allows it to lengthen it still, undo the buttons, and move down a hole (you will end up with buttons with no way to do up).
Friday, 25 June 2010
Wednesday, 23 June 2010
Monday, 21 June 2010
Cut the muffins in half, and add a dollup of sauce on top of each. Cut cheese into strips.
Sunday, 20 June 2010
I roughly cut out the images, leaving as large a border as I could as I dont know how much I'll need when I use them.
I put them in a box so they are at hand should I wish to sew them onto another piece of clothing, or maybe use one that brings back memorys on a scrapbook page.
I also removed any fastenings such as zips, bottons etc, so these can be used again as well.
Saturday, 19 June 2010
I started by playing with the size of the photos, those I felt most important are the largest & going down in size in relevance of importance. I then printed them out, cut into circles and played with their positioning. I ended up putting them almost in chronological order so they'd tell the story.
I chose Gypsy - Migration to mount them on due to all its swirls and hints of green that went with all the greenery in the photos. All by itself this looked wrong so I cut it out into a circle and backed it onto Basic Grey - Urban Prairie - hay loft. I also used some basic grey letters to spell the title and then wrote in green pen the journalling in the space down the side of the photos, I tried to make my writing in a looped fashion to reflect all the circles.
It still didnt look look right so I dived into my embellishements and found some embossed sunflowers. I removed the brown centres and ended up with flowers that resembled the dandelion Kai has picked in one of the photos.
Friday, 18 June 2010
I fell in love with this necklace from Primark and had to get it, but I do like my jewellery to match, and they didnt have anything that did, so I bought 2 of these necklaces, one to wear, and one to take apart and create these .....
Thursday, 17 June 2010
This is a card I made for my nephews 6th birthday. I took squares of blue patterned paper and backed them onto white card, then layered that onto orange and blue patterned paper.
I used this daisy and dandelion painter bear stamped image and paint palette, coloured in with promarkers.
Wednesday, 16 June 2010
Tuesday, 15 June 2010
I took 5 strands of strong thread, long enough to go round my head, minus 2.5 inches and knotted them together.
Monday, 14 June 2010
Cake, cut into slices (I used swiss roll)
Icecream (I used 2 tubs soft scoop vanilla)
Sweets/Fruit/Nuts (I used haribo, I wont next time ;-)
Large bar chocolate (I used my fav, cadburys dairy milk)
Initially line a freezable bowl with clingfilm, then line with slices of cake.
Put a layer of icecream over the cake. If its soft scoop you can use straight away, if not leave it out an hour, or until it becomes soft, first.
Then a layer of treats (sweets/nuts/fruit or whatever takes your fancy)
Sunday, 13 June 2010
Unfortunately I started chopping before took pics, so this is my fav T-shirt minus the arms (they were getting a tad tight around the pits), the neckline (again, not enough give in it), and the bottom (so it matches the rest of the edges)
I made slits down the sides and added eyelets with my crop-o-dile which I then laced up with ribbon.
The t-shirt is now too short, and rolls up. I need to find a way of lengthening it, hopefully to turn it into a long t-shirt without bringing too much attention to my lower waist (my particular problem area)